Monday, December 16, 2013

Grey

Grey
By J. Mahlon Allred

My, how the madness of confusion settles!
No longer this seems a struggle for dark or light
Continually pressed onward, my faults now meddle
For these shades of grey we seems now to fight

Manias of distortions, this war is but exceptions
Right and wrong accusingly finding loopholes
In the end, who is right in these deceptions
Or are we both condemned to the darkness so cold?

Yes, I think so, but we seem not to halt
The bitterness so evident in our lies
We always try to make one at whole fault
Instead of commending one another's tries

We make mistakes, of that I am certain, 
But yet we refuse to overlook
Continuing the segregation of this great curtain
It seems we have eternally forsook

The insanity of uncertainty, a continual ache
Begins to gnaw at my soul
I started to estrange from my masterful plan I did make
After I saw my heart full of holes


No comments:

Post a Comment