Thursday, November 7, 2013

Truth

     I am a theatrical person. I am rather dramatic, and lively, and that causes me to get into all sorts of kinds of problems. It has also helped spring forth some of the best relationships I could ever know. These are the colors of red, the friends and family who stand behind me, cheering me on. These are the colors of red, those who stand beside me, helping me when I cannot help myself. These are the colors of red, the family that so patiently waits in front of me, waiting for me to return.
     This is the beauty of the few, as I say so often in the simple rhymie poetry that I make. The beauty of those few people who seem to always be a constant in your life. Much like the standalone episode of Lost titled "The Constant." The beauty lies in the inseparable moments that end all too soon yet never leave the memory, those times that immortally end yet are constantly relived in dreams. Those people whom you keep sharing such beautiful and happy times with.
     "Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length." From this quote by an unknown person I find total and complete truth. Most of the happiest times of my life can be counted on one hand the hours, days, or even seconds that they lasted. Few if any have lasted very long at all, but that is what makes them beautiful. Some well accomplished artists and mathematicians have said "True beauty is perfectly proportional" though there is never a real set equation for such. Many people seem to bicker about how faces and bodies then need to be perfect in their eyes to be beautiful, but how I see it is totally different. I see it as the few moments of perfection added to many moments of mortality. It creates what we are: fallen children of God with divine potential. The proportions are beautifully and gloriously correct. So for me, it is not how skinny and perfectly aligned our bodies may or may not be, but instead relative to the time as well as the person's deepest thoughts and expectations that this better applies. Sounds a little crazy? Maybe, but to me it makes sense. Proportions to people's priorities is a beauty, if that person has their priorities straight. They will preform beautiful actions, and spread that happy beauty all around them. That is beauty, that is pure incredible Divine love shown. Beauty is love.
     Beauty is all too commonly associated with lust though. We measure only the superficial outside of ourselves, disregarding or even damaging the precious, beautiful inward thoughts and innards of the soul. As President Grover so beautifully stated once "That which is forever is real, and that which is not forever is not real." Applying this to beauty and what I was saying, this means that the outer beauty, though pleasing and a part of that person's identity, is not real because it is always changing. To me, I like most of my outer appearances. I am comfortable with my sometimes goofy face with its wild expressions. I love dressing myself up and going out to talk to people and socialize. I understand that my face and my body are an integral and critical part of me, and therefore its image is too, but the fact that I will grow old, hairy and wrinkly changes the focus from only the outside to then the inside, and what I am doing with it. Lust is not real, and falling for lust will never be real. Sadly though, the consequences are all too real.
     Sitting in this rather loud and busy library, I reflect all of the people around me. Funny enough when you are serving other people you really start to care about them, but not just them, others as well. People you have never even heard of before, and may never hear of again, steal your heart and affection as you help them try to find a better life. There is no lust, no gain, arguably only loss, and yet, true love starts for them. You wish them the best possible, and you sometimes lose sleep over their welfare. True love.
     I am learning to love this true love. I am really enjoying waking up missing the people I love. I am very pleasently surprised when I get to talk or hear from those people, and I love the hope that I will see them again. True love.

What is truth?
The honesty of love
Heavy as air
Though light if you so dare


No comments:

Post a Comment