Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 16, 2012

The Atonement Room
By J. Mahlon Allred
 
One the large center of the M.C.
The third floor tower looms
I almost gave up all that made me
In that atonement room
 
Each tear on my cheek burns like a fire
As I think of my so-called dear
It was with her in this room I unlocked my desire
And out escaped my worst fear
 
The cold concrete floor now bare
Devoid of any old heart
So quickly its lifeless chill does it share
Testifying my damning part
 
The ache of fear, the sting of regret
Echo these hollow walls
Alone I drink the pain my actions beget
My dark past passion's call
 
The scenes so quickly I recall
Painfully clear and vivid
Reminds of how hard I did fall
The trauma made my heart livid
 
With a bruise in my heart and a cut in my soul
I see what I did for this doom
Though my actions have passed, I'm still in this hole
Because this is the atonement room
 
A consequence for every action
A price is paid for each choice
But to Jesus, this pain is but a fraction
And in Him we are to rejoice

No comments:

Post a Comment